Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bringing our Traditions to Texas- Blue and Gold

This week, it was time again for the Blue and Gold Banquet. In Page, one of our traditions was to have the boys and their dads participate in a cake decorating contest. This was something we have always enjoyed. Since I am now the Cub Committee chair, I have some sway over the big activities. I told our leaders about the cakes, and they liked the idea.

I was a little worried as we planned and prepared for this event. Our pack meetings have not been well attended since we have been here. I really wanted to get lots of families out. All of the den leaders really pulled together to do their part, and we had all of our regular scouts come out along with their families. It was awesome! The theme was Resourcefulness, and there were a total of 11 cakes to be judged. We had some good eatin when it was all said and done.

Happy Birthday to the Cub Scout program!
Rex and his recycle bin, complete with worms and pop bottles

Bowen loves baseball

Look close and you will see the pool of blood a plastic soldier was laying in

a compost heap and an oil slick

classic Blue and Gold

A cozy Campfire

a gourmet raspberry delight, I have a feeling there was a mom involved here


Swiss Army and a fisherman

2 comments:

  1. Love your cakes Bo & Rex! Also love the Swiss Army cake! I laughed at the soldier in the pool of blood... although I do appreciate the pool being pink and not dark red! Heck, they were all fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete