Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

It is hard to believe that we are already spending our second Christmas in Amarillo! We had a quiet family  holiday at home enjoying each other and generally relaxing. One sort of new tradition we started doing this year was the ever popular "Elf on the Shelf". My mom gave us one last year for Christmas, so this was his first real Christmas season in our house. If you aren't familiar with the story, it is supposed to be one of Santa's elves, and he is essentially spying on you every day so he can report back to Santa. There are lots of ideas that float around the internet on what kind of mischief an Elf on the Shelf can get into during the wee hours. Since our kids are getting a little bit older, we decided that we would let them each take turns "hiding" the elf each night. I regret to admit that I didn't document their choices with pictures, but they had fun hiding him in places like on the ceiling fan, in plants, in the food cupboards, etc. I think one of the most popular was when the elf drew mustaches and horns all over our family picture with dry erase marker. It was fun.


Here are some snaps from Christmas morning, though I don't know what is up with the picture quality. The camera must have been on some weird setting.







My very favorite gift this year was from my mom. She had asked each of the kids to choose a quilt pattern that she was going to work on while she and my dad served their six month mission in Cove Ft. I had obviously picked the pattern, and I had a hand in choosing the fabric, but the end result was far more wonderful than I could have imagined. My mom is such a talented woman! I love this beautiful treasure.


To cap off the day, we decided to have a treat from home. I have been working on my fry bread making skills, and I must say that they turn out yummy more often than not. I got to make the bread in my second favorite Christmas gift, a ceramic dutch oven from Lisa. I have coveted hers for quite a while now. I love it! Navajo Tacos were a delicious Christmas dinner!


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment