Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New News on the Job Front

So, since we moved back to Arizona from Texas, I have been looking for the right job opportunity. My job in Amarillo was such a great learning experience for me and had taken me in new directions. I have been anxious to further my career. Alas, I knew that my options would be somewhat limited living in a very small town. I turned down multiple teaching job offers. I did the temporary sub gig. I looked into many jobs that had telecommuting possibilities. I made a real effort to get my own consulting business off the ground by networking and presenting out on the reservation. Nothing had quite panned out.

Then some conversations with a good friend of mine led me to look into work at the power plant in Page. I have known countless people over the years that worked there had relatives that worked there, or that wanted to work there. It was somewhat of a mystery to me. I knew there was this big plant outside of town. It makes electricity. It employs lots of people. That was about it.

It just so happened that my bishop was one of the many many people that I know that works there. He also happens to be the head of the training department. After some emails and resume touch-ups and much conversation, I was able to get a job as a contractor working at the Navajo Generating Station as a training analyst. I will be there for one year with hopes to turn this into a permanent job situation!

I have to say, the Lord certainly works in mysterious ways. I already know two of the three people that I will be working with, and of course my boss is a really nice guy! And so, I am off on a new adventure furthering my career. So excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment