Thursday, May 14, 2015

Treasured Delivery

So Rex turned 12 about a month ago. As I mentioned, 12 is a momentous birthday, a big deal. One of the traditions we have when a kids turns 12 is grandpa Ross presenting the birthday child with their very own treasure box. Grandpa makes these treasure chests himself, so they are very special. Rex has watched each of his brothers receive their treasure chest one by one, and he knew there must be one waiting for him. When his birthday came and went without the any sign of the special gift, he was somewhat deflated. He tried to play it cool when he asked me about it a few days after his birthday. I told him I wasn't sure when it would arrive, but that I would check into it.

After talking with my parents, apparently they had planned to bring it with them when they came down to Page for Drake's graduation in mid-May. I explained this to Rex, and being the mature young man that he is, you know he is 12, he took it in stride.

And so, the box has arrived. The kid is happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment