Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tough Mudder

We have a new couple in our ward and the husband, Joe, just happens to be the manager at NGS. He heard about Theo and his running history and so he invited Theo to join a team he was putting together for an event called a Tough Mudder. I had heard of it, but I didn't know much about the details. I looked it up online and found out it is a wonderful event in which you complete obstacles like slogging through huge mud pits, scaling walls, immersing yourself in ice water, and being shocked with electricity. Fun!

We traveled to Phoenix for this event, and when we arrived at the venue and met up with Joe and his other teammates, Theo asked him about how they score it (he is always thinking about winning). Joe looked at him very seriously and shook his head. He told Theo, it is NOT about winning. It is the EXPERIENCE!

Okay.

This is not something that I understand. It is not something I have any desire to participate in myself. I was astonished to see how many people were at this thing (and many had done it multiple times), and they were pumped. I watched Theo complete the obstacles along with Joe and the team. They loved it!

Weirdos!

These are some Tough Mudders!




No comments:

Post a Comment