Friday, July 29, 2016

San Diego Adventure

Last fall, I got a really unusual request from my good friend, Shandiin. Her husband is the bishop in another ward, and they had received a phone call from a family in San Diego. The people said they were calling bishops in Page to see if they could find someone to do a house swap with them the following summer. Long story short, we agreed to do it! So out of our comfort zone! For a whole week we stayed in a lovely home in the San Diego foothills exploring beaches and trying surfing in the ocean.






Something else that was an absolute must see for me was Harry Potter World at Universal Studios! This is somewhere I have wanted to go for a long time! If we were going to be that close, I was not going to miss it! We had to make a long trip north of where we were staying to get there and traffic was horrendous! But is was all worth it when I got to taste my first butterbeer and when Rex had a wand choose him in Ollivanders and when we got to play Quidditch, and when I wore the Sorting Hat!

I am a nerd!











 The rest of the park was good too. Haha! We also spent a day in Old Town San Diego and got to visit the historical Mormon Battalion stuff there. Very cool. We also spent a day where we split up. Theo and Corbin went back to the beach to perfect their surfing skills while Bo and Rex came with me to Sea World. It was our third time there, and we finally got to see a Shamu show! This is the last summer they will have it, so we felt lucky to get to see it. We capped off the trip with a visit to the San Diego temple to do some baptisms. That was awesome! Since school starts in a very short time, this was a great way to end our summer.











No comments:

Post a Comment