Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Click Your Heels Three Times

So, I have a sickness.

Don't worry, not one of those kinds actually caused by like a virus, or a faulty gene, or hard living or something, although sometimes I wonder if medication may be in order. My sickness is one of a mental nature. I seem to have this insatiable masochistic need to be working on about 347 things at the same time.

I am the mom of four energetic boys which naturally includes all of the inherent subtext for a mom job description: missing item GPS, cage fighting referee, ring master, blah, blah, blah. I also work in the Primary at church, another opportunity to mix it up with kids. Between these mom jobs, church stuff, and running a household, I squeeze in some time to work for a paycheck as an online high school teacher.

Add to this the fact that my family is actually in the throes of major change. After nine great years teaching PE and coaching, my husband is returning to school to become a physical therapist. This means that our family is uprooting from Arizona, and transplanting to Texas for the next three years! Yowza! It still shocks me when I tell people that. We have talked to our boys, ages 13 down to 8, quite a bit about the fact that no matter where we go, we have each other, and that is all we need to feel at home. Awwwwww, that is a little bit Hallmark after school special, but it is the truth, and hence part of the inspiration for my blog's name. in trying to gear up for this move, I hope to keep in mind the belief that the power to go home is always right there inside each of us.

So join me in this whirlwind journey into the wide open spaces of Texas and beyond. I am pretty sure that even though I do have a sickness, it shouldn't be catching. There's no place like home!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! We are excited to enjoy your adventure with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are starting a blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! I am so glad you are blogging! And your timing couldn't be better with your move coming up! My husband assures me that the need to have a ton of stuff going on is definitely genetic! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great writer. I love to 'read' your thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will add my two cents as well. I have wondered about your upcomming move and how everything must be going for you. This so exciting for you and your family. Yahoo for your new blog and yes I love your name - I started my blog so many years ago and ya my name is pretty lame - oh well.haha. I love looking back and reading some of my post and reliving the special memories of my little family. I agree you are a great writer!!!

    ReplyDelete