Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sixteen is Sweet!

It has happened. My oldest child has turned 16! He is old enough to drive. He is old enough to date! He is old enough to go off and do lots of things on his own! Zoinks!
 
For Drake's birthday gift, we decided to send him to EFY. This is a church camp program (Especially for Youth). It used to be only at BYU in Provo, but in recent years the church has expanded the places where it is offered. Before Christmas, I was talking with our bishop's wife, and she told me she was considering sending her son. Knowing there were a few others from our ward thinking about going, I thought this would be a greats chance for Drake.
 
As a ward group, we settled on an EFY being offered in San Antonio. The bishop's wife would take the kids down, spend the week there with her sister, and then haul them all back to Amarillo. Awesome! The only thing was that it would be over Drake's 16th birthday. We talked with him about it, and he decided to go.
 
Being Drake, he didn't take any photos (I lifted this from his Facebook page). He says he had a great time, and he met lots of great people. My baby is growing up! sniff, sniff
 
 
We had a tough time squeezing in a time when he could go get his license with Theo in school and me at work. We finally managed to get him to motor vehicles the day we were ready to leave to SLC for the Ross Reunion. This kid is legal!

 
Happy birthday, Drake! I am so proud of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment