Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home Selling Fiasco (Turned Rental Rebound), Part II

While away at our Ross Reunion in Durango, I fielded some calls on my cell for prospective renters. I had called some of the people that had looked at our house before the contract-gone-south incident. One of the families expressed an interest in a lease purchase agreement which at this point, was the most attractive scenario short of an outright sale. Since we were in Durango and they were out on Lake Powell for the week, we agreed to talk when we were both back in Page.

Upon returning home, we spoke again, and they asked to come see the house again. I really liked the couple. They tell me that they would love to buy the house, but because they have been unable to sell their home in Enterprise, UT, they can't purchase anything just yet. They wanted a day to decide while waiting to hear back from another landlord on a home they were also considering in the ward they currently live in. I hear rumor that the bishopric has worked feverishly to keep them in 2nd ward.

I admit, I was feeling very pessimistic. After thinking we had sold our home only to have our hopes dashed, I was feeling like we were doomed. I know, a little on the melodramatic side. I was relieved when they called the next day to say that they would like to rent our home. Great! Cautious happiness. We are planning to sign the lease next week, and they will move in mid-August. We actually saw each other again after making our verbal agreement at the stake Pioneer Day celebration (yes, it is a week early here, no, I don't know why). I tried to introduce them to some people in our neighborhood, and begged all of my friends to be extra nice to them so they would want to make our home their permanent residence.

As long as the 2nd ward doesn't lure them back, I am hopeful that this is it for the AZ house....

No comments:

Post a Comment